River City Reading

Helping readers of literary, contemporary and historical fiction find their next great book.
Stories from Jonestown - Leigh Fondakowski Most of my prior knowledge of Jonestown had come from short segments on TV or quick passages in books, as the massacre took place before I was born. Stories from Jonestown filled in huge gaps for me; much more than I would have been able to find in random curious internet searches.

While I enjoyed the interview format of the book, the structure was a serious drawback for me and actually made it somewhat difficult to sort through some of the information. Though the copy I was reading was an uncorrected proof, it seemed to be divided into chapters - however, the chapters were not quite thematic. I would have loved to see some of the interviews grouped together more closely by theme or even time period and collected into chapters to make the narrative a bit less jumpy. Without this, I felt like some information was being repeated while bits may have been omitted.

Under the Wide and Starry Sky